BUKH (Denmark) built its first marine engine in 1904. Since then, many different types of motors have been produced for a wide variety of purposes. For many years, engines have been used to propel small vessels such as fishing boats, cargo ships, tugs, icebreakers. In 1995 the Company started manufacturing small ICEs for pleasure craft, lifeboats and generator sets.
BUKH motors today cover a wide range of applications. Depending on power and technical characteristics, the following division by applicability is recommended:
Power 24 - 75 HP -used on fishing boats, work boats and lifeboats;
Power 75-500 HP - used on boats and boats at high speed;
Power 500-1000 HP - used on ships and commercial boats.
With their reliability in operation, BUKH engines conquered the most sophisticated experts in the world market and deservedly gained fame as one of the best manufacturers.
Danish marine engines are distinguished by their reliability and durability, the ability to work in the most difficult conditions. These internal combustion engines are used as main motors on small floating vehicles, as well as in tandem with a pump. But they became recognized all over the world precisely as engines for rescue boats.
Today, BUKH continues to improve and expand its range to meet market requirements and satisfy the requirements of the most demanding customers. We invite you to see our BUKH product catalog.
Marine engine with SOLAS certification
4-cylinder D4 engine - 260 hp from the BUKH company is designed according to the latest modern technology.
The engine is equipped with a Common Rail fuel injection system, dual overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, a turbocharger and an intercooler.
Together with the large engine displacement, electronic control system EVC, the performance of a world-class diesel is achieved, combining high efficiency and low emission of waste into the environment.
The engine is incredibly compact for its power output.
This modification of the diesel engine is presented in the following power range:
BUKH D4 - 180 HP (132 kV)
BUKH D4 - 225 HP (165 kV)
BUKH D4 - 260 HP (191 kV)
BUKH D4 - 300 HP (221 kV)
Engine block and cylinder head
• The head and cylinder block are made of cast iron
• Integrated frame and balancing shafts
• 4-valve technology with hydraulic compensators
• Double overhead camshafts
• Oil-cooled pistons with two compression rings and one oil scraper ring
• Cast iron cylinder heads
• Replaceable valve seats
• Crankshaft with five bearings
• Reverse gear
Installing the engine
• Vibration mounts of the engine
Engine lubrication system
• Easily replaceable (plug-in) full flow oil filter and parallel oil filter
• Tubular seawater oil cooler
• Common Rail fuel injection system
• Kit for monitoring the intake process
• Fuel filter with a water separator and excess condensate sensor
Exhaust Systems & Intake
• Air filter with replaceable elements
• Release of crankcase gases into the air intake
• Exhaust elbow or exhaust riser
• Water cooled turbocharger
• Seawater sensor
• Adjustable fresh water cooling temperature
• Tubular heat exchanger with a separate large expansion tank for the cooling system
• Cooling system prepared for hot water discharge
• Convenient access to the impeller pump
• 12V 2-pole electrical system
• 115A marine generator with Zener diodes to protect the system from overvoltage and built-in regulator with battery charge sensor for maximum generator utilization
• Fuses with automatic reset
• Additional engine stop button
Instruments / management
• Full toolkit and display settings available, including an electronic key (e-key)
• Electronic switching and regulator
• Easily detachable plug connections
• Shaft drive
• Water cannon